Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Terri Schiavo: Right To Die Crack Pots

Let me be frank, Frank. I believe that patients have the right to direct their care and refuse any medical procedure or service, even if it means their imminent death, so long as the patient is competent and capable.

That being said, you can read through my blog and find out why I disagree on the Terri Schiavo case specifically.

So, floating around the blog word to my favorite places, I noted this article from The Rottweiler regarding George Felos, Michael Schiavos lawyer.

I knew this guy was a "right to die" attorney. I didn't know he was a nut case. No, I don't believe everyone that believes people have the right to choose the way they are cared for or die is a "nut job" anymore than I believe everyone that is a Christian is a "nut job" or everyone that believes in the right to life is a "nut job". In this case, I must call a spade a spade and this guy is a nut job.

In his 2002 book "Litigation as Spiritual Practice", Felos expresses his belief in the "cosmic law of cause and effect," in which the human mind is not limited by the constraints of reality. More specifically, if one wants a new car, one could make this dream car manifest "out of the ether."


Quack. Cracked. Crazier than a rabid raccoon. The title of his book gives it all away. Read the rest of the story because that does not even begin to describe this guys nuttiness.

And they have crap to say about the right to life "fanatics" that the Schindlers have attached to their case.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

No comments: