Friday, September 10, 2004


There used to be a familiar chant by many in the United States, used whenever they felt that some inappropriate action had been taken by the police against a member of their community: No justice, no peace. I plan to steal that today in rememberence of 9/11. Until there is justice, there will be no peace.

This is a story from an flight after 9/11. After the doors were closed, the captain came on the intercom and gave a little speech:

First I want to thank you for being brave enough to fly today. The doors are now closed and we have no help from the outside for any problems that might occur inside this plane. As you could tell when you checked in, the government has made some changes to increase security in the airports. They have not, however, made any rules about what happens after those doors close. Until they do that, we have made our own rules and I want to share them with you. Once those doors close, we only have each other. The security has taken care of a threat like guns with all of the increased scanning, etc. Then we have the supposed bomb. If you have a bomb, there is no need to tell me about it, or anyone else on this plane; you are already in control.

So, for this flight, there are no bombs that exist on this plane. Now, the threats that are left are things like plastics, wood, knives, and other weapons that can be made or things like that which can be used as weapons.

Here is our plan and our rules. If someone or several people stand up and say they are hijacking this plane, I want you all to stand up together. Then take whatever you have available to you and throw it at them. Throw it at their faces and heads so they will have to raise their hands to protect themselves. The very best protection you have against knives are the pillows and blankets. Whoever is close to these people should then try to get a blanket over their head--then they won't be able to see. Once that is done, get them down and keep them there. Do not let them up. I will then land the plane at the closest place and we WILL take care of them. After all, there are usually only a few of them and we are 200+ strong! We will not allow them to take over this plane. I find it interesting that the US Constitution begins with the words "We, the people"--that's who we are, THE people and we will not be defeated.


I've never seen this before, but, I have often told family and friends who ask me how I could keep flying after this tragedy. My answer echos the captains speech: "After all, there are usually only a few of them and we are 200+ strong! We will not allow them to take over this plane."

When I say never again, I mean it.

Posted by Hello

No comments: