Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Update-Still Here

Just FYI...I am still here. Well...technically I am in San Diego. We're on the verge of gettin accreditated. If you're not in the business, accreditation is simply where an outside company comes in, looks at your policies, looks at your practices, make sure they meet standards and you are doing what it says.

Well, you should know that SD is my biggest pain. Seems like for everything that you get put in place 3 more things come out that you haven't been doing. Things that are so common place, you never really thought to look at them because, you know, EVERYBODY knows. Not so. That's when you get surprises.

As an old boss once said, "Inspect what you expect."

So, here I am, inspecting like crazy and doing major UH OH fix its in the next 5 weeks. And that ain't enough time, believe me. So, if you see minimal posts from me this week, my apologies, but I actually have a reall job and it pays the bills (as much as I'd love to get paid for my theories on this blog).

Thanks for your patience.

4 comments:

Pat in NC said...

We will wait. I remember the accreditation visits. Often wondered where they got the examiners. They can fixaate on the dardest things. Good luck.

Kat said...

Pat...thanks. You're right. Sometimes these guys are crazy. One time, the guy didn't like the size of the sign on our door, even though our name was in huge letters on the front of the building. Go figure!

Nas...no...a bit of an insomniac, although lately, I've been dropping into bed like the dead. Work, hobby and family are hard to mix and I don't even have kids.

Anonymous said...

Kat: I came across this and thought of you...it is an article by a Muslim explaining that 'terror' is commanded by Allah...I know you have been delving into all this and figured this may be helpful --the author backs up all of his statements with verses from the Koran...
http://www.muhajiroun.com/Deen/jihaad1/terrorism.htm

Tammi said...

Been there, done that and wish you the very best of luck! Yick. Every job has it's dark place, and IMHO that process is it!!

We'll be here, cking in - just let us know how it goes.