Friday, July 02, 2004

Do You Really Wanna Know?

I have never been one to take those silly IQ or "placement" tests that are supposed to tell you how brilliant you are or what your "career" path should be. However, early this morning I was browsing some news articles, when I accidently clicked on an IQ test.

At first, I was going to just close the window, but after little sleep last night, I thought, "what the hell" and proceeded to take the test.

The True IQ Test

Congratulations, Kathleen!
Your IQ score is 126

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the True IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.


I don't know how the scoring goes, you know, at what level you are a genius, but I think this isn't a bad score. Regardless of the rating, I thought that the description was pretty damn accurate.

So...If anyone else feels the need to torture themselves into another box with a label, please go to this site What's your IQ

Be warned, when you are done taking the test, it asks you if you want additional analysis of your IQ and proceeds to ask you for your credit card info after you have already given it your name, zip code, etc (I did not give them my credit card info and the personal stuff, like my address, was fake). I don't believe in giving this stuff out on the internet, regardless of how good the site looks.

So...Have fun, play it safe.

Update: Where Do You Place in the World of Intellects

Right after I gook the test, I just had to know where I placed:

Descriptive Classifications of Intelligence Quotients

IQ Description % of Population
130+ Very superior 2.2%
120-129 Superior 6.7%
110-119 High average 16.1%
90-109 Average 50%
80-89 Low average 16.1%
70-79 Borderline 6.7%
Below 70 Extremely low 2.2%

140 Top Civil Servants; Professors and Research Scientists.
130 Physicians and Surgeons; Lawyers; Engineers (Civil and Mechanical)
120 School Teachers; Pharmacists; Accountants; Nurses; Stenographers; Managers.
110 Foremen; Clerks; Telephone Operators; Salesmen; Policemen; Electricians.
100+ Machine Operators; Shopkeepers; Butchers; Welders; Sheet Metal Workers.
100- Warehousemen; Carpenters; Cooks and Bakers; Small Farmers; Truck and Van Drivers.
90 Laborers; Gardeners; Upholsterers; Farmhands; Miners; Factory Packers and Sorters.


Maybe I should pay attention to these damn things after all. NAAAAHHH....I don't like to be labeled. But it is interesting, no?



No comments: