Thursday, September 01, 2005

Don't Forget To Donate or Volunteer

Check here for continuing updates on people and places accepting donations and supplies or looking for volunteers.

Original Post with Charity List

Soldiers Angels Katrina Soldiers Framily Relief Fund

This guy is down there and is known to Charles Johnson of LGF. Lizard Powered Relief Fund. He has direct donations that will be used for supplies and two addresses; one for the hospital relief fund where his sister works as a nurse and the other you can email him for if you are looking to ship lesser packages with basic items.

Gulfportnews.com is now beggin for a company that can provide server power so that they can post information online about survivors and the status of the situation. Also WWLTV.com. Anybody know anyone with a server that can provide assistance?

Look at the site for gulfportnews.com. It's a "citizen journalist" site and has very interesting stories we're not seeing on the news.

BBC Provides Forum For Missing People Messages. Let people know that they can go to leave and read messages to find out about their loved ones or tell people that they are alright. Also, some first hand reports on conditions of towns and where people are being evacuated to.

Missing - diabetic, insulin dependent mother and 85 yr old grandmother, last known to be in diamondhead, Mississippi, Names: Betty Pike and Dottie Hirsch.
Simone, Orange County California


While another reports:

I am living in texas now, but am from the MS coast. All my family is there. Ocean Springs was wiped out as well as Diamondhead, The Bay, The Pass and Moss Point and Pascagoula. I have found out my friend rode out the storm with his family in his attic in Ocean Springs. I hope that everyone finds their loved ones and that all is well! Paige, Houston, TX


The stories of humanity:

I'm trying to find an online forum to find my sister in Gulfport Miss. I'm affected in that I don't know what to do nor can I go down there I cant afford it. I haven't seen my sister since she was 6 years old and she is now 40 and I'm 50. She just visited me for the first time 2 1/2 wks ago. I liked her I liked her a lot and I really don't have any other family. Now she might be gone. I just don't know. Can somebody help me? Leslie , Cedar Crest NM


And survival:

Posted an appeal last night for information about my sister Frances Holland of Biloxi Mississippi delighted to say I know she is safe and well.
Marlene Lowe, Strichen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland




Kansas City Charity

In Kansas City, on Hwy 45, address unkown, but west of I29 at the Hen House behind Johnny O'Quiggley's they are collecting supplies, water, food. I will have a more definitive list items that can be brought to the location and if they have other locations in the next few days for those that live near by here.

Help From the Heartland Call 1-866-999-7780

Local Red Cross still looking for volunteers on this same site.


Donate Food to Second Harvest. They also take monetary donations online and you can "purchase" food for donations on line here. If you are a transportation company, they are looking for donated transport, trucks, etc to deliver the food already on hand. Contact them at 1-800-771-2303. Go here to find out where the nearest food bank is to you and where you can deliver food. PS...don't forget the babies. Baby food, diapers, baby wipes, cleaning and disinfecting items will be helpful.

Don't forget to check where you can donate blood. Find your area blood drive here

Thursday, September 1
KVC-Olathe
21350 W. 153rd St.
Olathe, KS
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.

YMCA
14001 E. 32nd St.
Independence, MO
4:30 - 8:30 p.m.

Friday, September 2
Shawnee Civic Center
Johnson Drive & Pflumm
Shawnee, KS
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Valley View Bank
7500 W. 95th St.
Overland Park, KS
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Thank you and stay tuned.

No comments: