Monday, February 19, 2007

Gollum in the Green Zone and Other Iraq Stories

Gollum in the Green Zone (February 15th, 2007 - Scroll Down)

So we’re all starting to look like one another… And then there’s the comment that any outsider (that is, person who doesn’t work in our office) makes, pointing out that when they open the door to the office, we all look up from being hunched over our keyboards, Gollum-like (”my precioussssss”), glaring evilly at the hapless intruder, who cringes, if he/she is at all sensitive, and backs out of the room with profuse apologies. Sadly, I believe that I, too, have been guilty of the Gollum hunch and glare…



Badger Six: Badger Down - Prelude

As they rolled in, I found myself instantly irritated with 3-6. I wanted them to refuel. Yes, I know that they had not been out for very long, but you never know what is going to happen out there. I believed we needed to use this chance to reset our logistics situation and I was led to believe they had been given different instructions. Even though I know I was right to ultimately demand they come in and refuel, I regret ever feeling irritated with 3-6.

No comments: