Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanks Giving Prayer

Lord, hear my prayer of Thanks Giving.

I thank you for allowing me to be born in the United States of America; in a land where I am free.

I thank you for providing food and shelter, when many have not.

I thank you for family who have ever stood by me in good times and bad, for the joy that we have shared and even the sorrow which reminds us to draw ever closer, to love even more and give thanks for the good times.

I thank you for friends, those I have met and those I have not yet, who have been supportive, who stand by me in my times of need, who bring happiness and laughter, shares a tear and have ever given a hand up when I've been down.

I thank you for the strangers who stand on guard here and on foreign soil, ever watchful, that protects this land and those I love.

I thank you for giving strength and courage to millions of men and women who have sought and received freedom.

I thank you for those who have sacrificed in the name of freedom that has given me the ability to say this praise in your name without fear, without hiding my faith in dark corners, but here, in the light, I say these words of thanks.

Lord, you have provided much for your humble servants, yet on this day of Thanks Giving I ask that you look down upon us and remember those who have not, those who are sorrowful and missing loved ones, those that mourn. Show them your mercy and comfort. Remind us to be your hands upon this earth and act accordingly towards our fellow man.

Remind us, Lord, to be ever thankful, to give a hand to our neighbors when they are down, to be humble when we are so blessed, to remember those who have yet to taste your bounty and the joy of freedom, to turn the other cheek, while remembering that we are our brother's keeper, to be ready to defend, but equally ready with the hand of peace.

In praise and Thanks Giving, I pray,

Amen.

No comments: