Saturday, November 19, 2005

An Evening With the Lord and Lady

Friday evening I went to dinner with John and Beth at Outback Steakhouse. It was quite fun. The truth is, I haven't been out much in the last few months and, as an event to break the doldrums, this was quite exceptional.

I felt sorry for John. We sat at the bar, taking up a corner, Beth to the left and me to the right. Who knew we were such talkers? Er..unless you read here and note my long posts. I have a lot to say and it's not just in writing. I saw a few men giving John looks of sympathy (or maybe envy? wishfull thinking?).

Strangely, we only spent a few minutes talking about war, military and blogging. Oh, and shooting of course, we did talk about that. A brief mention about how close some of us are and this is the first time we've met. I have to say that I'm planning to meet these folks a little more often. That is, if they don't close the castle doors and briing down the portucolis.

One thing about the Lord and Lady of the castle, they make friends wherever they go and the Outback is no exception. They were on first name basis with the bartenders and waitresses. No wonder the caslte is never short of denizens.

The only rough part about the evening was, after only one glass of wine, I heard myself saying the "F" word and a few other words more often than I normally would. Who knew one glass of merlot would smash the language inhibitions so fast?

Okay, who am I kidding?

I just want to say, "thanks, John and Beth, it was a great evening and I can't wait to do it again. Or attend that blog meet we've been skirting around." ;)

No comments: