Thursday, July 15, 2004

The Questing Cat and The Jersey Cowboy

The above indicated title is from a military blog. I drop by every once in awhile and see what they have to say. They are both possible future writers.

Today, "The Jersey Cowboy" posted a poem that he had written and was published in his hometown paper. When I read the poem, I was simply amazed. Here is an excerpt:

Oh I know the tears were flowing when I turned
and walked with purpose into the heart of war
I will not lie and tell her I ain't scared
I'm fighting, but my God, what am I fighting for?

I'm in a land where garbage can explode beneath my feet
I can't be too sure I trust any soul I meet
I try to keep faith, one day they'll see the light
For enduring freedom, God, is that why I fight?(...)


Please go over to Enduring Freedom and take a read.

No comments: